Connect seamlessly to your Salsify instance to automatically pull your product data from the platform and push it back when translated.
The integration pulls your product data from Salsify to Smartcat. Once you’ve integrated with Smartcat, you’ll have access to a full suite of tools for managing your localization project, such as the ability to translate content in a specific editor, assign translators, and manage workflows.
Once the translation is complete, you can push the translated files back to your Salsify instance with a button click or on a schedule.
1. In Salsify, go to User profile > API access and copy the API key, as well as your organization ID from the URL.
2. In Smartcat, create a new Salsify integration and enter the API key and organization ID in the integration settings.
3. Choose the languages to translate to and workflow settings (e.g. machine, human, or hybrid translation).
4. Wait for the sync to finish.
5. Translate the content using standard Smartcat features.
6. Sync the translated documents back with a button click.
The integration can also be set up to push back translations automatically after they are completed or even when partially done. This feature can be useful if you have a hybrid machine/human workflow and require immediate access to machine-translated content.
For a detailed step-by-step guide, check out this help article.
After you’ve set up the integration, you’ll be able to use all of Smartcat’s tools and capabilities to benefit your project:
You can translate your product data in real-time, thanks to the fact that you don’t have to download, upload, or send it to your translators.
If the source content is altered, Smartcat will automatically recognize which segments have been translated and which need to be revised.
Incorporating Smartcat's translation memory and glossary features in your project can boost the quality and consistency of your translations, as well as save money on repeated translations.
By using Smartcat’s machine translation tools with your project, you can produce a rough and fast translation of your content, or set up hybrid machine-human translation workflows.
With Smartcat, you can bring your translators onto your project without sharing your source material and have the option to find new individual translators or translation agencies in the marketplace if desired.