Seamlessly connect your Android app project to automatically pull your content into Smartcat and push it back when translated.
The integration automatically finds and pulls XML string resources from your Android app’s Git repository to Smartcat. After integrating with Smartcat, you’ll have access to a range of tools for managing your localization project, such as the ability to translate content in a specialized editor, assign translators, and monitor workflows.
Once the translation is complete, Smartcat automatically pushes the translated files back to your Git repository, so you don’t have to do it manually.
1. Create a new integration indicating your Git repo data in Smartcat.
2. Create an SSH key in Smartcat and register it on your Git server, or add a Smartcat user as a collaborator to your Git repository.
3. Choose the languages to translate into and workflow settings.
4. Wait for the sync to finish.
5. Translate the content using standard Smartcat features.
6. Sync the translated documents back with the click of a button, or enable automatic sync.
By configuring the integration, you can also automate the process of pushing back translations once they are finished or even when partially complete. This can be beneficial if you have a hybrid machine/human workflow and desire immediate access to machine-translated material.
After you’ve set up the integration, you’ll be able to use all of Smartcat’s tools and capabilities to benefit your project:
You will be able to translate your Android app project on demand, eliminating the need to download, upload, or send it to your translators.
If the original content is changed, Smartcat will automatically detect which parts have been translated and which require updating.
By implementing Smartcat's translation memory and glossary features in your project, you can enhance the quality and consistency of your translations while also cutting costs for repeated translations.
By using Smartcat, you can invite your translators to work on your project without sharing your original content and have the option to find new individual translators or translation agencies in the marketplace if desired.