• BS Degree in Computer Science (December 93) with a Mathematics Minor in (San Jose State University, San Jose, California).
• AS Degree in Computer Science (December 90, Canada College, Redwood City, California).
• Computer Information Systems Certificate (December 90, Canada College, Redwood
• AA Business (June 87, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
C, C++, Pascal, FORTRAN, Basic, Scheme, Miranda, DBase IV, SQL, and Visual Basic.
English and Spanish
IBM PC, APPLE, HP, SUN workstation
UNIX, MS DOS, MS Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP
B.A. in Media & Communication (2008, Germany), summer school in English (2011, Stanford, CA), M.A. in Media & Society (2012, France), M.A. in Translation (2015, Germany), doctoral candidate in sociology (est. 2020). Professional experience since 2005 (mostly gaming, media, and publishing industries). Happy to connect on LinkedIn and Xing.
Available as. copy-editor, proofreader, translator, localizer, writer / illustrator, graphic designer / transcriber, subtitle editor / UX and UI tester / product reviewer.
Areas of expertise: academe; nonfiction and fiction books; digital technologies; online, offline, and social media; SEO and websites in general; online and offline games; PR and B2B communication; CRM and newsletters.
- there is no topic I cannot translate or proofread.
- reasonable turnaround, very high quality.
- able to work with any tool you provide me with.
I am a project manager for translation and content writing projects. Founder and CEO of The Happy Beavers. I chose a team of excellent translators, editors, proofreaders and content writers and together we offer high-quality services. If you hire me, you will receive a native high-quality result in all mentioned languages in my profile.
I am the right person to talk to if one of the following points applies to you:
• You want to go beyond receiving “just a text in another language” and you are looking for content that is marketing- and SEO-optimized.
• You are afraid that choosing the right freelancer might take very long and you just want to get a high-quality job done.
• Your project is long-term and might involve multiple people, perhaps in multiple languages but you don’t want to talk your project over and over with every single freelancer, instead, just one party to deal with.
Available to chat about your needs. Ready to help your business grow.
Passionate about languages and aviation.
Working now full-time since 4+ years as a translator, localizing content from/for Latin America, the DACH region, and English-speaking markets.
Background in digital marketing, familiar also with code translation, CMS platforms (LiveWords, WordPress and others), Amazon market place (AMZ) SEO translations (DE/UK/US/MX/ES), keyword research, e-commerce SEO, web auditing, CRO for websites.
Counting with a full-fletched SEM-team of 8 people to tackle challenges for Facebook, Google Ads and other campaign channels with multi-lingual needs.
Specialized translation areas: Marketing, Product Translations, E-Commerce, Finance, Contracts, Logistics, Crypto Currency, Blockchain Topics, Fashion
Knowledgeable about presentation editing in PPT and Keynote (layouting, translation, localization), subtitling, uploading and integration of content.
With a team of translators available upon request for: Italian, Croatian, Serbian, Portuguese (Brazil), French
Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
Училась в Германии, работаю устным и письменным переводчиком в языковых парах немецкий/ английский/ русский.
Занимаюсь переводами текстов различных тематик, в том числе технических, медицинских и экономических.
Гарантирую качественный и быстрый перевод.
1985 - 1999:
Employment as a translator and interpreter in the import/export sector (machinery, IT). Responsible for technical and legal translations, and consecutive conference interpreting.
Freelance translator for a great variety of clients from the industrial, administrative and private sector.
Hands-on experience since 1985 - Extensive technical knowledge - Provision of consistent terminology throughout all company documents over decades - Each translation is double-checked - Professional proofreading of your existing German documents or websites - Format proof service before your documents go into print - Punctual execution of all orders - Individual service geared to your needs.
Professional translation and proofreading service to help you sell your products wherever you do business.
Expertise: Business, Legal, HR, Lighting technology, Christian literature, Travel & Tourism.
Working Environment: Windows 7, SDL Trados Studio 2017, Microsoft Office 2016.
Ich bin Spezialist für Lokalisierung, Transkreation und Qualitätssicherung im Sprachdienstleistungsbereich mit einem ganzheitlichen Ansatz und in mehrsprachigen Umgebungen. Dabei begleite ich den Kommunikationsvorgang vom Sender bis zum Empfänger und stelle Effizienz, Korrektheit und Klarheit in den Mittelpunkt. Ergänzend verfüge ich über Erfahrung im Projekt-, Dienstleister-, Terminologie- und Wissensmanagement sowie in der Teamführung und Prozessoptimierung.
My motto is: "An engineer for technical translations!"
Starting off as a software development engineer in Johannesburg, South Africa (1992-1996) and Berlin, Germany (1996-1998), I became gradually more and more involved in software localization projects due to my secondary interest in languages and gained experience as a software localization engineer (1998-2000) in Austin (USA) and Munich (Germany). I have nearly 20 years experience in the field of technical translation, software localization and L10N project management. Extensive knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Java, Assembler and markup languages like HTML and XML is adefinite plus.
Since 2000, I have been running my own translation/localization business based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Companies in the fields of electrical engineering, automotive and heavy machinery are among my clients.
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Bristol
Translator, Terminologist and Project Manager, I have an all-around perspective about translation.
My linguistic skills were constantly polished from the experience I gained from work and my several years of studying my working languages in their native countries.
My special areas are technical (automatition, mechanical engineering) and legal translations from English, French and Spanish into German. I also provide localization services for clients who need websites translated into different languages. Web language and the necessary advertising touch will be assured by me. I can also assist in technical aspects of localization tasks e.g. SEO and code adaptations. A big passion of mine is being an interpreter at Criminal Court Berlin, the largest Criminal Court in Europe where I also use my linguistic skills.
I am a German native speaker residing in Berlin, Germany, who offers multiple services. I am specialised in technical translations but translate a few other fields as well to keep my work balanced. I have worked as a translator since 2005 and obtained my university degree as a translator and interpreter ("Diplom-Translatorin, Übersetzen & Dolmetschen") for English, Italian and German in 2009. In addition to translation work, I do reviews/proofreading/QA of various texts and translations, as well as transcriptions and post-editing of machine translations. I am a sworn translator and a member of the Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators BDU. Nice to e-meet you!
This is my new job and I love it so much, I have grate taken grate time to learn new soft skills in Language translation, Quality Assurance, copy writing. I have strong analytical power and high accuracy when doing my work and I have learnt to serve my clients to there satisfaction and strict deadline. I am looking forward to serve you welcome.
Senior localisation expert and consultant. | Experienced translator, reviewer and localisation project manager.
14 years of industry experience, 4 of which as head of localisation and project management departments of large international companies.
I offer various localisation services & consulting services:
Translation, quality assurance and evaluation (review, revision), post editing, translation quality assessment (standards based), NMT, terminology creation and evaluation, process management and project management.