#LocFromHome is the biggest event of the localization industry. It’s not only a great opportunity to network and engage with your colleagues, but also a chance to gain priceless experience. In this article, we’ll cover the highlights of the event and tell you why it’s worth your time!
Presentations and panels
This LFH’s program will cover a broad range of topics, including machine translation, APIs, language communities, HR, data, video games, crises, translation management systems, and more. The panels will bring together industry experts to discuss these issues in depth while the presentations will serve as a good opportunity to learn from the cumulative experience of some of the most successful companies in the industry.
Here’s a summary of every presentation and panel (all times in UTC):
- At 10:00 am, Natalia Kurysheva of Agilent will be speaking about how they implemented an on-the-fly MT solution for their community resource portal, what challenges it brought up, and how they have overcome them.
- At 10:40 am, panelists from LocLunch, Alconost, Smartcat’s Connected Translation Community, and the Successful Freelance Translator group will talk about the importance of communities in the industry and share some of their own success stories running such communities.
- At 11:00 am, Dawid Dorynek of Airhelp will talk about going from zero to hero in corporate localization.
- At 12:00 pm, leading international NGO language experts Lucio Bagnulo, Stella Paris, Gaya Gamhewage, and Barbara Scottu will discuss how their organizations use language to improve the world in which we live.
- At 1:30 pm, Tatiana Ryabinina of ClassPass will talk about their first year of international expansion and the best practices for scaling a business across the world.
- At 2:30 pm, Hristina Racheva of Skyscanner will talk about how the company has handled the global pandemic and what is the best way to support your team and your users in times of crisis.
- At 3:00 pm, panelists from Bubbl, Intento, King, Agilent, and Rotary International will talk about content prioritization.
- At 3:50 pm, Daniel Gray and Daniel Italiaander of OneHourTranslations will talk about how APIs enable companies to scale translation workflows.
- At 4:30 pm, panelists from Spotify, Indeed, t'works, and Alpha CRC will discuss the advatages and disadvantages of using an in-house localization model.
- At 5:20 pm, Don DePalma of CSA Research will discuss the challenges of human translation and what can be done to improve the situation.
- At 6:00 pm, Miloš Milovanović and Anne-Maj van der Meer of TAUS will talk about the implications of artificial intelligence in the localization industry.
- At 6:30 pm, Lloyd Morin and Laura Linares of Playrix will be sharing their expertise on developing culturalization processes for video games.
- At 7:20 pm, Renato Beninatto of Nimdzi will discuss macro trends shaping the language business and how they will influence the industry in the next 12 months.
- At 7:50 pm, translator coach Tess Whitty will share her views on the importance of human translators in the language industry as we move into the age of machine translation.
- At 8:30 pm, Iti Sahai of Procore will share her views on how you can make localization a strategic function for your business.
- At 9:00 pm, a panel of five localization experts from Subway, Riot Games, Terra Translations, Supertext and Nimdzi will talk about the role of leadership in localization.
This is one of the major advantages of #LocFromHome — it gives you the opportunity to get firsthand insights and inspiration from people who have been there and done that.
Our Connected Translation Community will be available to attendees, who can share their experiences in real time and ask questions both during the conference and afterwards. By the way, the speakers are already eagerly waiting for your questions, and you can even win a book from each of them if you ask the best question.
If you’re still hesitating
We know you’re all busy people. We also know we have just a few weeks to convince you that this year’s LFH is not to be missed. But think about the following:
- Top industry experts will be sharing their experience and knowledge. And you can ask them anything you like about it.
- You’ll learn more about the current state of localization and what you can do to move forward.
- You will get the chance to network with people from all over the world, whether you’re looking for new business opportunities or seeking out some much-needed inspiration.
- You’ll gather new ideas, see new trends and find inspiration for your own localization projects.
- Last but not least, you’ll have plenty of fun and make some great memories!
Stronger by sharing
We believe that localization is a unique industry where everyone can contribute to the betterment of humanity as a whole. Whether it’s by providing assistance to people in need of translation services, helping your client to promote its products or services through effective localization, or managing the business side of the localization process, sharing can be a powerful way to achieve great results.
Together, we can help the industry flourish and shape its future in a more effective way. So let’s make it happen!
Register here 👉 locfromhome.com